The Wordcamp 2010 team is currently looking for people who are interested in speaking during the event on October 2, 2010.
Keeping in mind the suggestions that we received, we have come up with a list of topics categorized in 3 track levels: Basic, Advanced and Developer.
Please see the list below for a topic that you wish to tackle.
- Difference between WordPress .com and .org
- Anatomy of a WordPress blog (post, page, plugins, tags, categories, RSS, theme)
- WordPress in the Wild (examples / showcase of WordPress sites)
- Setting up a WordPress.com blog
- WordPress Installation and Setup
- Customizing a WordPress blog (themes, plugins)
- WordPress Security
- WordPress Troubleshooting
- Video Blogging
- Integrating Social Media
- Search Engine Optimization and Optimizing Ads
- WordPress as CMS
- WordPress as Jobsite
- WordPress as E-commerce site
- API’s and gravatars
- Plugin must-haves
- Customizing existing themes and plugins
- Creating your first plugin
- Introduction to theme creation
To be considered as a speaker, please sign up using this form. If you feel that a topic you’d like to talk about is missing, please use the same form and pick “Other” and explain the topic in detail inside the following field.
We look forward to seeing you speak in Wordcamp. Thank you for helping us make this successful!
Note: The topics listed are proposed talks only. Topics may be merged or changed.
One Response to “Call for Speakers”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.